Monday, November 23, 2009

Brutus , Dear diary:

Dear Diary:



I Brutus, write to you today in times of grief and worrisome.
My great friend and leader may be at risk,
But my country may be at a greater one.
Shall my country fail in this condition?
Or shall Caesar, oh great and powerful Caesar fail?
Thy so beautiful, so noble, so honoured, and so wealthy.
Have you ever bestowed any of these great gifts on anyone else.
Wouldst thy country not come before thee?
Is this how thou repay thy people,
Thy fellow men!?
They fight to give thou freedom, thou power,
And for every villager, and Roman to give thou love and honour.
I give you love, as you give it back.
But may I love Rome more?
Shouldnt thou love Rome more.
Rome has stood while great leaders hast come and past.
No matter who is ruling, who isnt ruling.
Couldst I rule, and stand above all.
But not above, rather with.
All thine, but I rather share it.
Nurture it, as do all its villagers.

Love Rome's people as much as I've always loved Rome.
My power would never be dishonoured.
By myself, or any others.

Is this what i have longed for?
Or is this what i have dreaded?


If only you, Caesar hasts thy spirit.
Thy body would not be harmed.
Thy love would not be broken.
Thy honour would not be forever.
And our loyalty would not be shattered.


BRUTUS.






No comments:

Post a Comment